Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wednesday run (and funny picture)

Finished my last run for the week, which means I've got four days off (yaaaay)! This also means that I've raised another $10 towards whatever running goodies I want! You can watch the thermometer progress on the sidebar of the blog. Right now it looks like this:




It was not my favorite run, but it wasn't the worst. We managed to maintain an almost identical pace and distance from Tuesday to Wednesday, which I think is really awesome. Breathing was easier than ever. My joints didn't hurt during the run (which is great), but a lot of muscles below the waist got pretty grouchy. Rest days are definitely necessary. My body protested quite a bit, a lot like Tuesday's run. I wanted to stop less than 10 minutes in, just because. We pushed through anyway.

Last night, I really got to reflect on how much I enjoy spending that kind of time with my husband. He's a great running partner. Running together gives us a chance to actively engage with each other, rather than sitting near each other on electronic devices.

Here's a picture of Matt demonstrating the "frolic" which I mentioned in the "Hardest run so far" post. This picture is from our first Warrior Dash in 2010.


                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment