Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jog FM

http://jog.fm/ is a really neat website/app which allows you to create custom playlists according to your desired pace. They've recently started working with Spotify so you can listen to the songs on whatever device you're rocking. I don't have a fancy phone to stream music as I run, so I've used Jog.fm to make playlists of songs in my catalogue.

Here are some of the songs it suggested for a 10:00min mile:
  • I Fought the Law - Clash
  • Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
  • Live and Let Die - Guns N Roses
  • Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
  • Bad bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce
  • I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
  • Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
  • Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
  • My Sharona - The Knack
  • We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
  • I Get Around - Beach Boys
  • Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
  • Crocodile Rock - Elton John
  • Shine - Collective Soul
Now these might not be songs I listen to every day (okay, some of them are), but this makes a killer playlist for running. As a former band nerd, I'm highly sensitive to rhythm patterns which makes music an easy way to pace myself (unfortunately, it also means my husband's long strides drive me bonkers).

With enough planning, I could build a playlist that incorporates intervals (maybe kick it up a notch with Outkast's "Hey Ya!" a 9:00 min/mile track) or cooldowns (LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It", 12:00min/mile).

What kind of playlist do you run to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment