Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A possible snag

Well, yesterday's run went really well: run 10/walk 3/run 10 on the UT Tyler trails. We pushed through some light rain and heavy humidity, and Matt has almost learned all the states (reciting states in alphabetical order is one of the devices Matt uses do distract me when I'm mentally flagging; hilariously, he misses a lot of them).

My weight bearing joints performed great, although I have a bit of soreness in my ankles this morning. It's not the injury kind of soreness, but the working new muscles kind. Breathing seemed pretty reliable; I could definitely feel the exertion, but it stayed steady and I had no pain.

However - here's the snag - I experienced some coughing and chest pain last night a few hours after the run and this morning. Obviously, these symptoms would be worrisome any time, but they're particularly concerning to me because I just recently got over "bronchitis". This bout of bronchitis kept me laid low for about 2 1/2 weeks, making me miss what would have been our 3rd annual North Texas Warrior Dash. I'm actually still pretty peeved about that (p.s. they did NOT refund our money).

So, I made an appointment with my primary care doctor to get checked out again. Sigh sigh sigh. I go in today to see if they can figure out what's going on, and whether or not it might hinder my training plans. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment