Monday, May 21, 2012

Looking at the week ahead

Training plan for this week, from Week 7 of the Cool Running Couch to 5k plan:

  • Monday - Jog 25 minutes (trails at UT Tyler)
  • Wednesday - Jog 25 minutes (trails at UT Tyler)
  • Saturday - Jog 25 minutes (Azalea District OR Rose Rudman Park)
I'm slightly nervous for today's (Monday) run. I'm just finishing up a course of Prednisone which the doctor prescribed me last week, but I'm still having some issues with my lungs while resting. It just feels weird and tight, like I can't get a full breath. I've never had a history of asthma and I don't have any new environmental factors (that I'm aware of), so I can only assume it's a residual effect of the stupid bronchitis. The doctor said it would last for a while, but shouldn't impede my running.

Forecast today is high 80s (ugh). We'll be hitting the trails after work, so it'll be a loooooong 25 minutes.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment