Monday, May 14, 2012

Plan for May 13-19, 2012

In the wake of the Komen Tyler 5k, I am segueing back into the Cool Running Couch to 5k plan, at week 6.
The half marathon training (using a plan from Jeff Galloway's website) will commence the first week of June. The Couch to 5k program will help condition me and build up some base mileage.

I am using this opportunity to slow down a bit and allow my joints to recover from the brick streets and exertion of the race.  For me, that's an excuse to run on trails! :D We've got some great cross-country trails on campus at UT Tyler (where I work and go to school). I love trail running, because it reminds me of playing in the woods as a kid. As a bonus, it works different muscles and gives me a break from the hard impact of road running.

This week's plan:

Monday, trails - Jog 10 min, walk 3 min, jog 10 min  
Wednesday, trails - Jog 10 min, walk 3 min, jog 10 min


Saturday, neighborhood/park - Jog 22 minutes (no walk breaks)

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a martial arts class right after work, which doesn't leave much time for targeted cross training... so we'll count those as "rest" days. That means I have the option on Friday and Sunday for this month to work in some strength training.  I'll have to do some research to see what kind of classes are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment