Friday, June 8, 2012

Week long hiatus




Well, you've probably noticed that I've been awful silent this week. I decided to take the week off before transitioning to the half marathon schedule, as a kind of reset for my body.

Last week's runs (three days in a row) wore me down pretty good. I followed that up by attending a 3 day nerdy convention in Dallas, which involved walking the mile to and from the convention center multiple times a day and climbing lots of flights of stairs. Saturday night of the convention, I started experiencing a really scary knee pain. It seems to be mostly fine now. I've got quite a bit of overall fatigue which may be a product of something icky I picked up at the convention.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying some rest and trying to stretch a lot. I've had to sacrifice the $10 I would've "earned" this week, but I feel like I made the right decision. Next week jumps into the Jeff Galloway Half Marathon training program. Wish me luck!


P.S. Some pictures of me from the convention. I told you it was nerdy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment