Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tyler Azalea 10k

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the Tyler Azalea 10k could be a neat event to look forward to after the Tyler Half. I find that I do MUCH better with my running when I'm training for a race. With the 10k in March, I could take advantage of the winter training to work on getting mas rapida (that's "faster" for you monolingual runners out there)!

Other races in our area after the Tyler Half:

The Texas Half - Irving, Tx February 13, 2013
North Texas Warrior Dash - Location and date not yet posted, but we've got to get back in the swing of things after missing the 2012 race, which would have been our third year in a row as a couple. Stupid bronchitis.

Not quite in our area, but still under consideration:

Run For Your Lives Zombie 5k - Austin, Texas. December 15, 2012 (We've talked about signing up as zombies, which drops the price from $75+ per participant to $25. You can still run in a later wave if you choose, but you won't be eligible for prizes. On the plus side, it's a professional zombie make-up job. Sweet! Matt's less than enthused about the December date).

Texas Spartan Sprint - Burnet, Tx, May 18/19, 2013. Distnace is around 4 miles with 10+ obstacles.

2 comments:

  1. I did the 4 Seasons Challenge that Mellew Productions has. Both the Tyler Half and the Texas Half are a part of the challege, if you are already doing both of those the challenge is a nice way to keep it up! Plus you get an extra medal and t-shirt, how can you pass up extra bling and free clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome suggestions, thank you! I love how they're spaced out. I'm strongly considering taking up this challenge.

    (Info on the 4 Seasons Challenge for other readers):
    http://www.mellew.com/four_seasons.php#content

    ReplyDelete