Friday, June 15, 2012

Dailymile

If you happen to be SO interested in my running exploits that you must have the most current information available, then check out my Dailymile profile. Dailymile is a social media platform geared towards athletes and fitness enthusiasts. It allows you to log your workouts (running, swimming, cycling, weightlifting, etc) and share them with your friends; dailymile has buttons for Twitter and Facebook which allow you to instantly share the results of your run to other social media sites. You can provide and receive all kinds of feedback and motivation. I especially love the "map your run" feature and the analytics it provides. It's also FREE.

Here's a screenshot from Wednesday's run:



And an example of the analytics:


As you can see, since I began logging runs with Dailymile I have burned the equivalent of 28.27 donuts (for a total of 33.37 miles). Accordingly, I believe that running the Half Marathon in October will earn me a dozen donuts.  I especially love the way that this allows me to track my pace, distance, and perceived intensity over time.

Anyway, on to Wednesday's run...

No comments:

Post a Comment